- The Bible is the inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God. 2 Timothy 3:16
- One God, eternally existent in the trinity. 2 Corinthians 13:14
- The deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
- The rapture of the church at Christ's coming. Titus 2:13
- Cleansing from sin is through repentance and faith in Christ's work. 1 Peter 1:18-19
- Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential for personal salvation. John 3:3-5
- Physical healing of our bodies through Christ in answer to prayer. 1 Peter 2:24
- The Baptism of the Holy Spirit. Galatians 5:15
- The resurrection of the saved to life and the lost to damnation. John 5:28-29
- Water Baptism by immersion. Matthew 28:19
Who We Are
- Cornerstone Worship Center is a dynamic interdenominational church designed to meet the needs of the 21st century. We're a group of friendly, happy people who have discovered the joy of Christian Living.
- You'll Love the Difference ... Make new and lasting friendships, experience your faith grow, strengthen your marriage and family and hear positive, practical messages from the Word of God.
The Way We Worship
Why do we stand when we sing?
- Chronicles 20:19 - "And the Levites ... of the children of the Korhites stood up to praise the Lord God of Israel with a loud voice on high."
Why do we clap our hands?
- Psalms 47:1 - "Clap your hands all you people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph."
Why do we lift our hands?
- Psalms 63:4 - "I will bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in Thy name."
- Psalms 134:2 - "Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and bless the Lord."
Why do we have audible praise unto the Lord?
- Psalms 103:1 - "Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me bless His holy name."
- Psalms 34:1 - "I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth."
Why do we sing in Tongues & in English?
- 1 Corinthians 14:15 - "For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. What is it then? I will pray with the spirit and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.
Why do we sing Choruses?
- Ephesians 5:18-19 - "And do not be drunk with wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit; speaking to yourselves in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord."
- Colossians 3:16 - "Let the word of Christ dwell in you ...: teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns, and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your heart to the Lord."
Why is Prophecy Utilized?
- Amos 3:8 - "... the Lord God has spoken, who can but prophesy?"
- 1 Corinthians 14:1 - "Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophecy."
- 1 Corinthians 14:31 - "For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn and all may be comforted."
Why do we have Speaking in Tongues and Interpretation of those Tongues?
- 1 Corinthians 14:39 - "Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophecy, and forbid not to speak with tongues."
- 1 Corinthians 12:7-10 - "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit ... to another prophesy; to another the interpretation of tongues."
- 1 Corinthians 14:5 - "Now, I wish you all spoke in tongues, but even more that you would prophesy; and greater is the one who prophesies than the one who speaks in tongues, unless he interprets, so that the church may be edified."
- 1 Corinthians 14:27 - "If anyone speaks in a tongue, it should be by two or at the most three, and each in turn, and let one interpret."
Why does the whole church pray at once for specific needs?
- Acts 4:24 - "And when they heard this, they lifted their voices to God with one accord and said, 'O Lord it is Thou who didst make heaven and earth."
Why do we anoint the sick with oil?
- James 5:14-15 - "Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for elders of the church, let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord and the prayer offered in faith will restore the sick and the Lord will raise him up ..."